How To Balance It All..

Career, Family, and Motherhood... Creating balance and memories

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Adventures In Mommyhood...

Although Summertime is usually a time to take the family on long, adventurous road trips and so forth, as a mommy of young twins, going to the market with my boys can be an adventure all in itself. Keeping this in mind, my husband and I decided to try to search for a theme park to take the boys to that they would enjoy. We knew Disneyland would be a bit overwhelming (for all of us!) even though we have taken the boys there several times and we love it, we were determined to find a place that was on a smaller scale. Less crowds, short lines, few height requirements and so forth. In my mommy brain I thought, "Wow, does a place like this even exist?" I knew I would be a wild goose chase for the next few days trying to locate a place like this that was local (or at least continue to dream about it in my mind).

Well on the second day of searching I found it! A mini amusement park for toddlers and young kids. Too good to be true? I did my research of course and realized that this was a really great place for us to take the boys! I was so excited to share this with my husband that I nearly tripped over some monster truck toy cars just to inform him (or brag) about my latest discovery and next family outing.

 When we arrived to the amusement park, we were greeted with a huge sign that said FREE PARKING. Now if you have read my previous blog you understand how much this means to me. It's like finding a twenty dollar bill when you're doing the laundry. The admission was also reasonable especially for a family of 4. As we entered the gates, I noticed how clean, safe and organized it was (I never use to worry too much about these things until I became a mom).  There were a variety of rides for the boys to get on. My absolute most favorite thing was that they could ride on all of the rides! Also the lines were very, very short. My husband and I rode with them of course and we all had a blast. I also love seeing other families out with their little ones as well. There was a great family atmosphere which is also important to me as a mommy. The food was a bit pricey but I always come prepared with snacks, mini lunchables and juice boxes so we didn't spend too much on food. Over all it was a great day and we plan on going back before the summer ends!

 So even though some family trips may seem like an adventure to plan, its worth a try because you never know what you will discover. Till next time... be blessed!


 P.S.  For those of you that wanted to know where this place is located, it is in the city of Buena Park, California and it is called Adventure City. It is not to far from Knott's Berry Farm..Enjoy





















7 comments:

  1. Hi Denesha! I'm sending some love your way. I've just joined your new blog. I have a 4-year old and I know how important your find is!

    You didn't mention the name of your theme park and where it's located for other moms who would like to know.

    Also, you wrote goes instead of goose, so you might want to fix that.

    God bless with your business!

    Tina - mom of 4, author and blogger of 5 blogs
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following P.O.V. (http://www.povblog.net) Stopping by to return the favor.

    Good luck building up a following for your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking my kids to amusement parks, carnivals and fairs. I'm a new follower and would love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell us where you went! I'm in So Cal and am intrigued. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun family day, those are the best! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop. Check out my blog if you get the chance, I'm having my first giveaway:) http://rahkers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you guy had a really good time.I'm your newest follower from the blog hop.
    http://newyearsresolutionexercise.blogspot.com/2012/06/500-paypal-cash-giveaway-ends-7-16-12.html?
    Please come check out my blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete