How To Balance It All..

Career, Family, and Motherhood... Creating balance and memories

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Vegas Baby!

 One of our favorite family traditions is to take a family vacation for Spring Break. This year, we decided to go to Las Vegas. I usually prefer to make my reservations directly with the hotel or in this case the resort. However, this year I decided to try Kayak and absolutely loved it! We got a great deal and I loved how I was able to compare prices with various sites because as you know I love to save money and shop for deals (it's a mommy thing).
  We stayed at the Tahiti Village Resort and had a blast. In my opinion, (as well as my boys and husband) the best part of the resort was the "Lazy River." Needless to say we spent a lot of time there. In the summertime, they have a Hawaiian Luau that I heard is awesome.
  A great memory for my sons was the M&M Factory (of course). The factory has 4 levels of everything M&M you can think of. Along the strip we found some terrific shops and places to eat where we could view the beauty of the strip (especially at night) along with all the interesting people. Many people say that Vegas isn't for children. I believe this to be a personal opinion. In my opinion, there are many things for families with small children to do in Vegas. It may take some research, but anything worth while takes some work, right? I also found many free activities for us to partake in. One of those activities was watching the "Volcano" erupt in front of the Mirage which was amazing! And who can forget the beautiful Bellagio Water Show in front of the hotel. Oh, and did I mention that downtown Las Vegas also has some great entertainment, shops, and food (Fremont Street). We really enjoyed eating at Fatburger (across form the Monte Carlo). And this particular Fatburger had a full bar right outside the restaurant, I'm just saying. The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay was not only engaging for my boys, but also educational.
 The main motto we go by on family vacations is, "Relax, Laugh, Enjoy." It's so important to create these special memories with my family and hope they carry on special traditions just as I continue to carry on traditions pasted down to me from my parents.
  Until next time, Be Blessed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment